RMBC Community Champions
The Community Champions use the Lighthouse Project as a base to meet their clients and to hold community appointments.
Community Champions are people from across Rochdale Borough who make a positive difference by helping others. They are real people, men and women of all ages and backgrounds who have the time, commitment and skills to offer support. Some have professional backgrounds and use those skills as a volunteer. Others are “expert by experience” or have developed their skills through training. Community Champions are available to help you with lots of different issues.
The type of support available
Community Champions can help you:
- Develop your skills, including reading, writing, maths and employability.
- Learn about computers, particularly how to use services.
- Help your children with literacy.
- If you are struggling with a mental health issue. This is usually done in partnership with the Psychological Therapies team or other local services.
- If you are struggling with bereavement or loss.
- Get a job, through work clubs or 1-to-1 support.
- Get the most out of life if you’re isolated or feeling vulnerable.
- Maximise your benefits or deal with a change in circumstances.
- Budget and make the most out of your money.
If what you need isn’t on this list, just ask us, we love a new challenge!
To find out more visit the Council website